+1 on Boys in the Boat.

I should disclose my bias as a collegiate rower.

Rowing is a beautiful, fascinating, exhilarating sport; different from
cycling but many deep similarities. The book brings me back to college
summers, riding my bike 15 miles across the causeway to the boathouse,
rowing a pair-oared shell in the hot days and nights.

If you enjoy the book - and enjoy the beautiful notion that the best ideals
of sport are not fame, money, glory or public recognition  - - David
Halberstam's book about Rowing is also a great read:

The Amateurs

https://www.amazon.com/Amateurs-Story-Young-Their-Olympic/dp/0449910032

Max Beach
Santa Rosa CA