those old sports tourers are really beatiful bikes! there's a guy here in
philly who has a collection of them in different colors. if i hadn't bought
my used hilsen, this would probably be something i'd be keeping an eye out
for. unfortunately, all of the later 80's era frames (even touring) seem to
have really steep seat tube angles (for my taste at least) and i've never
been able to get quite comfortable on them. but this one seems to have a
fairly reasonable geometry. and i do get the desire to restore an old
beater to tip-top condition.

that said, if i already had a few rivs and knew a good frame builder, i'd
probably just tweak the one that gets the least use and save the money,
hassle, and (most important for me) floorspace.

eric