I hail from North Dakota (which hereafter shall be referred to as God's
Country) where deer hunting is also alive and well. There is no school on the
opener to this day.

Our friendly neighbors to the east in Minnesota are in muzzleloader season. One
of my best friends just got her for a few days ago after hours in a tree,
perched on a deer stand out in the cold. It was her first time missing the
spinal cord, which affords a clean and quick death, but fortunately a liver
shot is also deadly. She field dressed it herself and sent it to be processed
at a meat plant as venison to feed her family.

I might also add that hunters are usually very respectful of wildlife and great
conservationists. I add that because some not from the culture may have a
different impression when they read this.

Bill - Merry Christmas indeed! TWO new Rivendells?!? I don't know how you can
stand the excitement. I nearly tipped over last year when we got my husband's
Clem.