Thanks, Jon. Yeah, the problems I have with Buff buffs is they don't block
wind and they get very damp and then freeze and then I have to choose
between breathing and it now being an effective wind block fabric ice
barrier. Grin.

Hey lum gim fong, I'm not smart enough to A) realize that cold weather
isn't a fantastic blast of fun and delight and thus B) move to Florida.
Grin. Though from some of the winter driving I've seen, a number of folks
have come here and brought their warmer climbs with them in their cars.
It's easy to tell which drivers to avoid: wearing a t-shirt clutching the
wheel for dear life. The drivers with an arm over the back of the seat and
a lazy hand on the wheel -- they know what their doing -- and they know
that modern vehicles don't matter for much. Grin.

Derailure: Nah. In the extreme cold everything works great. Snow is powder,
and stays out the drivetrain. Mud is frozen solid and stays on the
roads/trails. No issues with my light handed use of chainsaw oil on my
chain. Where the derailure has challenges is in the wet sloppy ooze of
snowy/wet 25˚-45˚F. That mess kicks up into the derailure, freezes, and you
have a single speed. Which is generally fine because in that goop you can't
shift above low gear even going downhill in a tailwind. So it's a feature,
not a bug. Sardonic grin.

With abandon,
Patrick