A related question: I've tried the original road-brake-lever-type Moustache
bars at least half a dozen times; presently I have them on the Hon Solo.
I've tried them closer and higher but find that in this way I'm supporting
more weight on my palms than when they are positioned lower and farther
away. My left palm is very sensitive, so much so that the only bar I've
found to be really comfortable is the road drop bar.

I'd try a drop bar on the Hon Solo except that these would make folding
harder. So, here's my question: does the Albastache bar reduce hand
pressure? I realize that the answer involves a large number of variables,
but on the whole, for those who have used both the original M bar and the
A: is the A less likely to hurt your hands, all else equal?

On Sat, Dec 24, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Bill M. <bmenn...@comcast.net> wrote:

> Moustache is a no, won't fix your issues and besides it doesn't take the
> MTB parts.  Alba is nice for a grocery getter, I wouldn't like it on
> rocky/rooty trails.  I had a Jones Loop, the angle was just wrong for me
> and I didn't use most of the theoretical hand positions.  I like the On-One
> Mary, which is similar to some of the other bars mentioned.  Fairly
> inexpensive as an experiment, and will fit a standard stem.  I started off
> with the Mary on my Clem.  I'm currently using it strictly in town and
> swapped to an Alba, but should I get the chance to get it dirty next summer
> I'll likely swap back to Mary.
>
> Bill
> Stockton, CA
>
> On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 2:32:53 PM UTC-8, Tim wrote:
>>
>> I have 150mm Nitto Bullmoose bars on the 58cm Hunqapillar. They are level
>> with the saddle (at the max extension), bar-ends mounted to thumbies, cork
>> grips. They don't work for me. Hand numbness ensues in a very, very short
>> time. I have now and again numbness with my noodle bars on my three other
>> bikes (all with bars at saddle height), that goes away easily with a
>> different hand position. So I have a set of the old-type Riv/Nitto
>> Moustache (not Albastache) bars, or some Albatross bars (which I'm swapping
>> for Noodles on the GFs Sam). Or I could choose the Bosco or Choco. I'll use
>> the Hunq for some rocky/rooty, kind of technical singletrack, hauling
>> groceries, maybe a few days on the Katy Trail, you get the picture. I will
>> ditch the cork grips but would like to keep the thumbies and MTB brakes.
>> Which way would you go?

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle