Ted: tubeless and modern sealants are separable; you can benefit from the
latter without the former. I live in in one of the worst goathead locations
in the world and successfully ride very fragile (Challenge Parigi Roubaix)
and extremely thin, light, and supple (Compass Elk Pass -- these are even
lighter than the P-R but far less fragile, IME) tires on and off road here
using Orange Seal. Orange Seal will not prevent 100% of thorn flats, but it
will prevent 95% plus.

Try Orange Seal in your road tubes. I find it works very well in tubes at
higher pressures; it is only with pressures under 30 psi or so -- ie with
off road tires -- that I found modern sealants ineffective; I run my F
Freds tubeless.

On Sat, Jan 7, 2017 at 9:23 AM, ted <ted.ke...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I recall reading that there are a lot of goatheads on the strada rosa
> route, and I am wondering if that is a compelling argument in favor of
> doing that ride with a tubeless setup.
> What do those who know the ride think?

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Stat crux dum volvitur orbis.* *(The cross stands motionless while the
world revolves.) *Carthusian motto

*It is *we *who change; *He* remains the same.* Eckhart

*Kinei hos eromenon.* (*It moves [all things] as the beloved.) *Aristotle