I agree that it is highly unlikely pressure had anything to do with it. Rat
Trap Max pressure is 55psi, and that is almost a 60mm tire. And most tires
are built to withstand twice the pressure listed on the sidewalls. I have
to pump the RTP to at least 60 just to get the bead to pop into place. (In
fact if you had only pumped it to 30 or 40psi, it might not have blown off
the rim---until you were out riding it.)
Though, yes, I would never ride it with that much air. Lots of good advice
above on how to seat a tire. A final check that the bead line is even all
the way around at about half pressure is a good failsafe before topping
off.