I bought them for a Soma mtn bike when I was having some rotator cuff
problems.
 https://www.flickr.com/photos/129545862@N03/21588225663/in/dateposted-public/
Although they enabled me to keep riding by alleviating the shoulder
pressure, I couldn't sell them fast enough when I was feeling better.  I
didn't like the body position and how far back they came.  I also could not
find that second hand position everyone talks about.  If it was down in the
lower portion, that was too close to the stem for what I would consider
comfortable control.  This is only my opinion because I love Albastache
bars.  My wife loved the Boscos because she only likes riding bikes with a
very upright position.  She hated that bike until I put the Boscos on.

John