I have come to love mine. I have the widest ones they sell on a 52cm Clem
using a 100mm stem, and the grips are perfect for me. I had some initial
problems, part of which were trying to use them like I did north roads and
albstaches and I quickly found out that wasn't going to work. I couldn't
set them at the same heights or angles I used for those, and I had to blank
the slate of my mind and just set them up raw by feel. The other was I was
using some more torpedo shaped grips and in some grips they were subtly
killing my wrists, I switch to some cylindrical ESI chunkies and haven't
had a single issue since. Part of why I like the cylindrical grips is for
me part of the appeal of the Boscos is the small adjustments I can make in
grip in the 'main' grip area, and the constant grips mean I can rest the
heel of my palm anywhere through that section without forcing it into bad
angles. Once I got over those humps and got everything dialed in, I found
it was pretty comfy. The main position is very upright but still not quite
'dutch,' I'm leaning forward a little and can tilt my pelvis like I would
on a more aggressive bike. I have a few inches of roam for my hands within
that position, and then the drop/bends just past the brake levers gives me
a second position with my back more angled. Sometimes I ride that position
just holding the bars, but I found some Dia Compe grip knobs based on a
setup I saw here and put there to use rather like the hoods on a drop bar
and I ride on those more often. And then the last unique grip is the
controversial one on the flat by the stem. With the widest bars and as far
away as they are, I actually find that wide enough. Sometimes I'd prefer a
bit wider, but it's not a big deal. I put some cross levers down on mine to
solve the long reach back to the brakes conundrum. I find this position
good when I'm boogying and carrying most of my weight with my legs. It does
get uncomfortable fast if I'm going at a more casual clip and I'll bail
back up to the bends. And then, if you get the bars adjusted right there's
a sorta fourth position where you rest your elbows on the main grips and
lean in like you would for the close grip, but you don't really need to put
weight on your hands at all. I usually cross mine over the stem and just
let them rest. I find it hard to really put much force behind my legs while
riding like this, but definitely use it for some short stretches if I hit a
wicked head wind or need a breather after too much spirited boogying.

So, obvious love for them now aside, I did find they required a lot of
persnicketiness in adjustment for my to really 'get' them and not have
wrist problems. Once it sorta clicked for me how I wanted them to fit to
really use them though, they've been great. They are big and long, so, a
lot of my happiness with them might be because the Clem was made for them.
My Clem has an effective top tube of 61cm, and I'm not quite but almost
burying my stem rather than having it way up (so, not closing the distance
as much as I could be using the slack head tube angle). And even though the
Hunq also has a long TT, it's still no Clem and on a Hunq my size I'd
probably need at least a 110mm stem instead to start gauging my fit on. I
can see how on a normalish frame it could be very hard to actually get a
stem long enough for Boscos, and a lot of issues people have with them
being too close by a lot. And all of that is with the caveat that I've
always preferred slightly close bars, and used to ride my hybrids a size
down to get them there. So, YMMV but I am pretty much a convert now and
never expected to be as they were the Riv bars I liked the look and idea of
the least on paper. In practice though, well, they've earned their keep for
me anyway.