May I suggest:
Buy the Grab on Grips for DROP bars. They have two versions, a soft and a
harder foam. I use the harder foam. I have found that being able to slide
the controls all the way forward, then cutting the (long) grip to length to
be ideal. I end up with lots of hand roaming room, differing positions,
less vibration (they absorb better than ESI silicone). Plus you get enough
foam to make two sets of LONG grips for cheap. It takes a little work to
make the cut end presentable. After cutting it as square as I can, I
chamfer around the outside perimeter with a little pair of scissors, then
hand sand with coarse sandpaper to get a nice rounded edge. Meditative
work...

Clayton (Bend)