Greetings! Soon-to-be owner of the “Pick your paint Hunq” checking in.
Here’s the story:

I dropped by Rivendell HQ on Thursday afternoon (my birthday) to test ride
an Appaloosa. I was curious to see how much of my Hunqapillar thirst could
be quenched by a more reasonably-priced Appaloosa. Will fixed up a pair 46
and 51 demo Appaloosas to fit my 80 PBH and sent me off for a few test
rides. Everything you’ve read is true, the extra long stays/wheelbase
really do make for a supremely stable (comfortable!) ride that would be
perfect for long days in the saddle.

As the Appaloosa test rides came to an end, a giddy-lookin’ Will, who was
now joined by a giddy-lookin’ Roman, welcomed me back into the showroom.
The duo sensed that a Hunqa was what I was really after because of my
growing penchant for dirt and, perhaps because it was my birthday, offered
me first dibs on a warehouse find that was to become a Friday
newsletter-announced web special: an unpainted (i.e. "Pick your paint"),
48cm v1/Toyo Hunqapillar.

What luck! I was strongly considering the 51 cm Appaloosa, but a Hunq at
"the nice price” (again, v1 Toyo Hunq) in a Rivendell-approved color of my
choice was a serious no-brainer. Great birthday, I’d say. As for the paint,
I have yet to finalize but I’m strongly considering giving it the Atlantis
treatment...

Cheers,
Michael