Ok I broke the cardinal rule and didn't leave well enough alone. I have a newer
Sam with sidepull Tektro brakes. My tires are 40mm Clement MSO. The fenders are
SKS P45. My front fender is driving me nuts! I had been riding the bike without
any rubbing but I noticed the other day that the nose of the fender is curved
to one side. I attempted to straighten it out and I quickly determined there is
nothing I can do to straighten it. Now I am putting it all back together
including the Mark's rack and I can get it so it's not rubbing. It's close but
the little rubber hairs on the tire are rubbing. Maybe when I get it off the
stand and go ride it I won't notice but I could help but think a better
mechanic then I can get them just right. At this point I'm ready to rip them
both off. Is there anyone out there who can restore my sanity by giving me some
tips on aligning these properly?