I also celebrated the short jaunt yesterday.  I was getting that post-lunch
drowsiness around 1:30 or 2 and thought, nap or ride.  Threw on a pair of
shorts and sandals and hopped on the trail.  Since I picked up a Brompton for
commuting chores*, the Hillborne is in unfendered "Summer Sam" mode most of the
time now.  Big headwinds added exercise but once I got rolling the Smart Sams
on the bouncy gravel trail were a blast.  Even found myself riding up on the
raised dirt embankments like a kid pretending they were on a banked turn at
Daytona.  30 minutes later I was back at my desk a little sweatier and a lot
more revived.

John

* I still ride the Sam on Thursdays.  Since I usually get out early, I get to
ride the 20 miles home instead taking the train.