I own the PW touring hub, had it for 3 years now. On the way down the coast
on my tour last summer I stopped by PW and had them upgrade the hub to the
latest 11 speed cassette body and change all the bearings, not that I
needed it, I was just in the area. Since then I've put 10,000km on it
without any issues. The latest design of the cassette body allows for user
pawl replacement, and they include an extra set of pawls when you buy your
hub. They said that they made the pawl steel softer than the ratchet ring
steel so that it is an easy wear item to replace. You do need to check the
hubs once a month or two depending on how much you ride, make sure
everything is lubed and tight. There is still a fair bit of internal
resistance when freewheeling, even after 10,000km, but since it's on my
touring bike I don't worry about it. I certainly would not put it on a "go
fast" bike though. The hubs are really heavy.

The only issues I've heard with the White are that the bearings are so-so
and need replacement sooner than later. One could have the best of both
worlds by replacing the bearings in the WI hub with PW spec bearings. I do
like the idea they make the pawls out of S2 steel, I haven't heard any
complaints about the ratchet mech in the WI hubs, so that's a good thing.

Nathan Spratt
Vancouver, BC