Yes, indeed. I second most of the points Garth has made about discs in
general and about swapping wheels. But, this whole debate over discs, and
man, if Riv would only make a disc bike, I would buy it in a minute, and
that's why I sold mine, or whatever--hasn't it already been well-covered?
Are we adding anything new? I know forums like iBob and RBW do have their
perennial topics, but I confess I find this one particularly unproductive.
And there's this:

*RBW Owners Bunch - Dedicated to the discussion of Rivendell Bicycles and
productsRide reports encouraged, as is a respectful, supportive and polite
tone in all posts. This group is not endorsed by Rivendell Bicycle Works.**
You don't need to own one - just an interest in RBW designs is enough to
join in.*

So why keep beating this poor old dead horse?  I think we can all agree:
There are those who would like Rivendell to make a bike with discs. 2.Right
now, Rivendell does not make disc bikes, and has not announced plans to do
so. 3. Ergo, technically, disc bike discussions are off topic on this list.
4. I realize that is a drastic interpretation, but still...can we stifle
ourselves a bit?

Mark "Remaining Polite But Feeling a Touch Grouchy" in Beacon

P.S. I admire RBW for remaining a No-Disc Zone. But I would still admire
them if they felt the need to release a disc model. In fact, I sometimes
wish they would, if only to nullify these thread drifts!;^) .