I like bells, so I have both a Spucycle bell and a Riv bought Crane bell
with the stronger spring mod on my AHH.  To me, the Crane bells with the
hammer are louder than both, and the deeper sound of the brass Crane bells
are more easily heard over wind, and by older people who may have lost the
higher range of their hearing.

   For years I have been amazed how so many people I know are missing that
higher frequency range when I say something about crickets or bird songs
and I get blank looks. I noticed many friends and family had already lost
the ability to hear those higher notes in their 40's.

John