We just put an offer in on a cottage (which will become the basis of a
retirement home down the line) on an Island 50 miles from where we live and
work. I'm just now working out the logic to eventually explain to my wife that
this may mean I need another bike. Makes no sense, labor-wise, to haul a bike
up there every time we go. Also, the cottage is on an island that requires a
25-minute ferry ride. At peak times, the extension to the car of the bike rack
could mean that some poor soul behind us wouldn't be able to get on the boat,
for lack of room. On the Island, the bike will eventually save its cost in gas
by providing "free" transportation to the village for groceries and
appointments.

Are you people buying any of this?

Jay