Hi Jim,

Glad your OK. I live in SoCal and have taken a great interest in
educating myself with regard to riding safely. I've learned alot in
the past 2 years since I too was hit. I've been cycling for 29 years
and thought I new how to ride in traffic until I took a safety class
through the League. It's a great course that I believe that every
cyclist could benefit from. You asked the following:

So how was I determined to be at fault? Drivers moving in the same
direction as I had decided to stop and yield to the driver who was
turning left from the opposite direction. They did this, because there
was a back-up caused by a red light up ahead of us. They yielded to
allow the SUV driver to turn. He took the right-of-way that they
yielded, but he did not see me who was still coming through. (He later
referred to me as "a blur".) I had no way of knowing that this
yielding to him was happening.

In my opinion from what I've learned - you may be at fault. Riding,
passing on the right through an intersection and not merging into the
lane with traffic where you probably should have been. There was no
bike lane marked and even if there was, given the circumstance, you
still should have merged into the proper lane with traffic and taken
your "turn" through the intersection.

Glad your OK