On Jan 24, 2010, at 3:59 PM, NickBull wrote:

To the OP:  Hope you recover fast and that neither your injuries nor
your bikes are serious.

Several have posted about trying to get your auto insurance company to
recover from the other "driver".  Since you were on your bike, there's
a good chance that your auto insurance company is not involved at
all.  I was in a bike on bike accident in 2007 and was told by my
insurance company that neither my auto insurance nor hers (she was at
fault) would cover the accident.

While this is controlled by state law and varies by locale, I think this was pretty much BS. Your insurance company gave you a self- serving line there, I suspect.