I've bought two French built rando/touring bikes and they both had internal
wiring from a hole at the back of the bottom bracket to a small hole just
beneath the bottom head lug.

The wire was then run through the underside of the fender to the taillight
and the front rack mounted headlight, held by small dabs of epoxy.

Although the dynamo was mounted on the chainstays (a Sanyo tire dynamo),
this routing would work for a front hub dynamo also, although you'd also
need a small entrance and exit hold on the fork as well.  The hole required
is no larger than a typical brazing vent hole so I wouldn't be concerned
about strength, but I would have a pro or very experienced bike mechanic do
it.

- Taz

Taz Taylor
Atlanta, GA