I've seen both SH and AHH and have an Atlantis, so I get the Rivendell
thing. I'd get the Sam. It's got all the bells and whistles and because
Taiwan... is a lot less $$$. Not less bike, repeat... not less bike... less
$$$. The lug/frame work on the SH is superb. Maybe... it's 6-8 ounces
heavier. BFD. You hit 35 and you gain 1-2 lbs/year no matter what.

Put the money to good racks/panniers (get Tubus and Ortleib) and fenders
(get SKS). And don't fret about color. It's whatever. You want to define
color... pick your handlebar tape that's what you look at.