On Jan 26, 2010, at 14:30, Steve Palincsar <palin...@his.com> wrote:

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 13:11 -0800, Brad Gantt wrote:
Rivendell riders, with their ample baggage, are able to carry a wide
variety of things beyond a tiny multi-tool, patch kit, levers and
tube. I am curious what others in the Bunch find indispensable,
useful, fun, etc.

I bring my wallet, sun glasses + clear lens glasses; 3 tubes; tools to
include: 3 tire levers, allen wrenches, Tinker swiss army knife, patch
kit; cell phone.

Dang, three tubes?! Where do you ride? I'm deep in the heart of goathead thorn country and I've never even considered carrying more than one. I'm lucky that my tires of choice are mountable by hand, so no need for tire levers.

Ryan
Albuquerque, NM