Hi,

I don't like the battery life impact on long rides, but other than that I
like Cyclemeter on my iphone.

I get the paid version for 2 reasons: I tend to click ads on accident when
I'm tired. I'm a software guy - I feel like i should pay for software that
I use.

A feature of the paid version (I think) is the automatic email of a ride
summary to multiple recipients. I really found this handy as a way to
update my wife every day while I was on my Pacific Coast trip. She got the
email and could stop worrying; I could hydrate, shower, eat, and then check
in at my leisure.

I haven't really found the voice prompts or other paid features to be
useful.

I did like having all the GPS tracks when I was done to make
maps: https://flic.kr/p/oPnQoY

I had to use a supplemental battery on some long days to keep my phone from
draining completely. This was with an iPhone 5s in 2014. I'll update with
my newer phone and app, once I get some longer rides in this year.

Ty Graham
Seattle
2000 Atlantis