I seem to remember them (the nobillete protovelos) selling at $1100. I
currently have two - a 650b Saluki-esque frame and a 700c
Rambo/Hilsen-esque frame. They are terrific bikes, especially for prototype
builds.  I think there is a lot of confusion surrounding what they should
be worth - given that they have custom lugs but are not actually custom
Rivendells. They are certainly a bit rarer than standard models and if
you're into that sort of thing it may be worth something to you. This one
seems like a great deal considering the parts/build. I agree that it might
be "worth" more if it had some nicer photos. All in all I am continually
impressed by how well Rivs, of any level really, seem to hold their value
despite changing trends both inside of Riv and in the bicycle community at
large.