Joe: I owned a '92, and built and rode it in several configurations.* Don't
spend a great deal of money on one. As in my immediately earlier post, any
number of later, Rivendell-branded models are better than the XO-1.

I'm not saying the XO-1 was a bad bike, but it was a first attempt at what,
later, became much better.

Now, if you collect frames like some people collect stamps, then yes, the
XO-1 deserves a pedestal for being an early '90s attempt at an all
rounder/country bike-type design. But for road riding, gravel road riding,
touring, urban commuting, what have you, the XO-1 has been surpassed long
since.

*One build, which I recall fondly, was as my gofast: 28/38/48 Topline
Superlight triple, 12-19 7 speed cassette, road f and r derailleurs,
Cinelli Giro d'Italia 26.4 squeezed into T-Bone upjutter 25.4 (or did this
build have a custom Salsa?), very, very light sun M14A 559, 19 mm rims in
anodized purple with 8-speed Ultegra hubs, Revolution spokes, very nice
Specialized Turbo 559 X 22 tires (if these had been 1 cm larger, I'd still
be riding them), Syncros ti sp, original issue Flite (still love 'em),
Speedplay X-1 pedals, 7402 Dura Ace levers pulling some high end, normal
reach, cold forged, silver only calipers, and -- get this!!!! --
GripShift-for-drop-bar shifters, big clunky grippers that fit onto the tail
end of your drop bar -- all plastic clicky bits.

This bike had the kudos of hitting 48 mph at the bottom of a hill in a 48 X
12 X 24" tire (96" gear) while chasing an errant Range Rover -- 170 rpm!

On Tue, Oct 17, 2017 at 4:44 PM, Joe Bernard <joerem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There's one on SF Craigslist now in my size, but somebody painted it red.
> It's been there forever, nobody wants a non-original-color XO-1, including
> me. My Holy Grail -1 is the '92 tusk one with road brakes. By today's/Riv's
> standards of gearing, brakes and tire clearance it's a silly bike, but I
> think it's cool beans. But they must not have sold many 'cause I haven't
> seen a 48 or 52cm one for sale in years.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, EUA