That was awful. I hope that was a translation by a doctoral candidate eager to
impress, and not the author’s own words.

To de-digress, I think a Rivvish bike has high bars, a leather saddle, and a
red basket net. It’s steel, and either made by Rivendell, or from the 80s.
Surly and Soma bikes can be rigged “rev-style.”
A finely tuned bike in another idiom may well be Tapebubba style, but to
arrogate it to Riv style is a stretch.

Philip
www.biketinker.com
Santa Rosa, CA