In my experience, both Home Depot and Lowes suck for bicycle fasteners.
Home Depot sucks way more than Lowes, but both are pretty useless.  A
proper fastener store is best for having everything, but they often hate
you if you are only buying 1.  Ebay has essentially everything, but
sometimes you have to buy a bag of several.  M6x1.0mm 20mm length is
something you may use on other things: a stem bolt, mounting a cantilever
brake, on some Riv rack eyelets.  A bag of 10 for $5.65 shipped is what I'm
seeing from this vendor:  ebay link
<https://www.ebay.com/itm/6mm-M6-x-1-0-Stainless-Steel-SOCKET-HEAD-Caps-Screws-DIN-912-A2-18-8-Coarse/112432406051?hash=item1a2d7e5e23:m:m0XeLjrPfZK-kGEgIjq4OOQ>

That way you don't even need to leave your home.  Stock up on all the
common sizes and shop from your own inventory.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA