I did that on the hub of my QB with blue Loctite and a bottom bracket
lockring. Works fine without backpedaling, but it didn't take much pressure
to make it loosen. For mountain fixed riding, I'd really recommend a true
fixed gear hub. I found it very difficult to ride down steep dirt without
any back pressure.

jim m
walnut creek, ca