Human nature can be baffling sometimes.  One thing that never ceases
to amaze me about bikes is the endless variations designers and
builders can derive from what is in essence a very simple machine.

Rather than break bad on some one's bike for being different seems
someone into bikes would want to check out how the whole thing comes
together.  It may be the bike would not work for you at all.  But it
is still interesting to see another approach to what you take for
granted.