Hello fellow Riv riders.
 I finished building my new Sam HIllborne this weekend and am very
pleased
with how he turned out.  I put Albatross bars with barend shifters on
him
and MTB levers pulling V brakes (Shimano Deore).  I don't have much
experience with V brakes, but I'm fairly certain I have them set up
properly.  A break in the foul weather allowed me a brief test ride
yesterday and they (brakes) worked flawlessly.  The only thing is I
have
to run the adjusters in a tad to be able to extract the noodle from
it's
cradle in order to remove the wheel. Is this normal?

I googled (v brake levers with quick release) and found these:

http://www.tektro.com/02products/10ql.php

The tops mounts won't clamp on the Alba, but the bottom set will, but
they
are listed as working with mini-V, or calipers.  Is a mini-V different
from a plain ole V?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Clyde Canter