I have a set of Atlas 650b on my Clementine. They are certainly up to the
tasks you describe. I've taken them off road, hauled my kid on his Burley
Picollo, loaded 40-50pds of groceries, etc.  I did hit a massive pothole at
night at speed that put a dent in the rear, but was able to ride home. I'm
pretty sure a lesser rim wouId have faired worse. I am also 175. I like the
classic look. If that's not a big deal, maybe you want the extra width of
the Cliffs. But it's never been an issue for me.