William! asked "Can anyone comment on what geometry changes Rivendell made
to accommodate the smaller wheel size?"

Obviously you are already looking at the Geometry Chart, right?
https://www.rivbike.com/pages/geometry

The biggest difference to accommodate smaller diameter TIRES is BB drop.
The 650B Atlantis has 67mm of BB drop.  The 700C Atlantis has 80mm of
drop.  The 26" Atlantis has 48mm of drop.  A 700C Atlantis has more BB drop
than any frameset I know of.  Running smaller wheels on a bike with more
drop than 99.5% of bikes out there is a great recipe for pedal strikes.  If
you don't worry about pedal strikes, go for it.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA