It's fast approaching winter I would like to keep riding to work. My
problem is that I don't have any appropriate winter cycling clothing. 30
years ago, I had some wool tights and jerseys, with layers that worked just
fine.

I can go "all cyclist" and get fancy winter cycling clothes on line or at a
LBS (We have several good LBS' in our area); however, I would like to keep
to the spirit of a stealth "Rivendell" look if at all possible. Currently I
layer up with various regular daily clothing. I don't have proper face
protection, and I don't have proper gloves...I don't have proper anything,
really. The wind simply cuts through.

I'm in the Dallas area, so we really haven't had much cold yet, but I would
like to be able to ride comfortably in the 40s. I know that many of you do
that. I'm open for suggestions.