I'd like to put it out there that anyone here who thinks they want to go the
Patagonia route I will send you a 40% friends and family discount.  I've worked
there for 8 years and have been a year round bike commuter just as long, and I
think the nano air works in the widest range of temperature and provides just
enough wind protection without creating a vapor barrier.  On really cold days I
wear an R1 fleece underneath.  A Houdini will breaker is invaluable when you
need it and I  have one the lives in my bar bag.  Admittedly I read thread
early on then it got too long so maybe I reiterated things that have been said.
 I really just want to get great people with great bikes great gear so they
keep riding.