"...where they provide value ..." Yes, but:

What these terms and others of the ilk mean in the context of the resumes I
write is: make everything as cheap as possible in order to give the
C-levels bigger bonuses; and I'm serious. Big companies make things in
order to get money, not to make a good product or to provide a good
service; or at least, good products and services are incidental to their
activities and provided only as a means to profit, and profits are for the
sake of bonuses.

I'm not saying every top manager is a knave; and I'm not saying at all that
every top manager and every company does this; but the system in general is
as I describe, and I kid you not. Lower level managers accomplish what top
level managers aim at.

Companies that make things for real *reasons*, especially if those reasons
have to do with love of the product, are to be cherished.