I commute on a Quickbeam quite a bit and want to share one concern of mine.
This Quickbeam of mine is my 2nd as I murdered the first's bottom bracket
shell with a crack from front to back. On my "new" Quickbeam I have some
lowriders up front I carry any load I might on, keeping the rear clear of
anything but my butt. My reasoning is that rear loading killed the old
frame because those times when I was cranking up a hill standing on the
pedals with weight on my bars caused undue stress from those rear loads
riding along side to side without me in the seat to keep it all copacetic.
I might be wrong, but so far so good (except for that one point when it
wasn't).
-Kai of the two beautiful green 'beams
BK NY