I'll try to make this short, but I'm not really good at that.  I've found
that, in comparison to my Yves, my other rides just don't do the trick when
it comes to comfort.  The one that I really feel the nee to "fix" is a
Surly LHT, which I used to love, and which I want to have available for
hauling my kid around, but which I feel puts why too much of my weight
forward on my hands.  I did some measuring and found that the bars
(depending on hand position) were about 2 inches lower and 4+ inches more
of a reach than my Yves (fitted with an Albatross).

So, I'm thinking I might switch out the Noodle on my Surly for an
Albastache.  I could keep my bar end shifters and my existing brakes
(Tektro RL520), and if I swapped out the stem for something with a higher
rise, I ought to come out pretty darn close to my Yves geometry.

What I love about gentle, cruisy rides on my Yves (I have it set up as my
"casual commuting" bike) is that I can leave my hands back near the ends of
the bars and have access to the shifters and brakes with pretty much no
change of hand position.  But when I look at pretty much any pictures of
the Albastache (or the dearly departed Moustache), I always see the brakes
mounted out in the curve of the bars, which would have me (I think?) having
to move my hand a few inches to get to them.

I'm wondering:  has anyone ever mounted brakes on a 'Stache further back,
more like how folks tend to set up their Albatross brakes?  If so, could
you please post pics so that I can ogle your setup?

Sub-question:  Is there any reason that I absolutely positively shouldn't
want to mount brakes on an Albastache like this?

Thanks all... This is my first post!