Thanks Philip,

You're absolutely right - the front brake is an Avid Shorty 4, and the tape
is Brooks bar tape.

When I want back to look at my original description, I realized I omitted
an important point -- there is a faint dent in the top tube. We bought the
bike last year, and here is the prior seller's description of the bike, and
his characterization of the dent:

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=391772091525&t=0&tid=10&category=177831&seller=bicycleservices&excSoj=1&excTrk=1&lsite=0&ittenable=false&domain=ebay.com&descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0

We felt that the seller's description of the dent was accurate. It is tough
to see the dent, but you can feel it. I'll take a video tomorrow and post
it in the Flickr album pointing out where the dent is with a pen.

Also, I have one other update - I'm afraid the bike does not come with a
dingle cog after all. We went to get the dingle and realized we only had
the lockring for it.

Sorry for the confusion!