I went through a time of using varuiys cateye wired computers, then to a
Garmin 500, a Garmin 1000 explore and now I use a Garmin fenix watch. The
garmins are nice because you don't have to clutter your bike up with a
bunch of sensors and they seem to really work well. I've had no issues out
of them; heck, my wife is using the 500 now. I think I have a few cateyes
in drawers throughout the house.

I like the watch the best because I always have it with me and I can use it
when I race cyclocross without fearing losing the garmin on the course (I
crash a lot). I got my Garmin 1000 explore up for sale (if anybody wants it
just give me a holler).