This is all super helpful!

Bob, to answer your question about saddle height, 32.6", which is about
3/4" higher than in the photo.  I'm 6'1, and I thought this bike would be
too big, it's not, it's perfect, tho I might get a shorter stem to bring
the bars a hair closer, eventually.

I think I'm going to go with the Small Sackville Saddle Sack - in blue...it
seems small enough that I'm not transforming my Roadini into my Cheviot ;)
 but big enough for an extra layer and a sketchpad.

The Bagman support also seems smart - tho i'll try to jerry-rig something
first.

And CMR, I'm gonna get some new brakes - was trying to build from the parts
bin but I ended up with almost all new stuff - brakes will top it all off.

Thanks again pics when I get it!