Philip, sounds pretty perfect - I have 3 bikes with low gears in the
low-20s, rarely have a chance to use them, but will often choose a 30" gear
to get home after a long ride - mentioned before any ride from home ends
with a 400' climb hitting 14% grade in 3 spots.  One nice thing about those
low gears is you can get started up any grade.