Joe, why do you say the top tubes are shorter than on the appaloosa?  I guess
I'm not seeing that unless you mean they will "feel" shorter if you raise the
handlebars, because the head tube is a half or whole degree more slack?

What I'm seeing is that these look like they might have been intentionally
sized to fit BETWEEN the appaloosa sizes.  That alone would be more than reason
enough to keep both models, in my book.

Based on ETTs, we now have sizes of:

54, (54.5), 55.5, (56.5), 57.5, (58.3), 59, (59.7), 62, (62.5), 63.5