John,

I have a Quickbeam and Legolas and they are very different bikes.

The Q is fun as you describe, but it behaves like the touring bike it is.
The tubing is stout and feels it. Visually the lugs are understated and the
paint is tough and relatively thick.

The Legolas on the other hand is a racing bike with lighter tubes. The bike
jumps with any input. It climbs wonderfully. Visually the lugs are fanciful
and the paint enhances them. It is not up to a Joe Bell paint job that I
have on another bike, but it approaches.

If memory serves, the handling was similar but I have long since changed
the Legolas to low trail.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/79695460@N00/7832253824/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/79695460@N00/6922766182/in/dateposted-public/
with the original fork