Tim-

You didn't specify which size wheels your Homer wears.  The smaller frames
are 650b.

For a tire that is a little burlier than Compass but still pretty
fast-rolling, I recommend the Panaracer Gravel King.  It's available in 650
and 700, in various width.  It comes with a file tread, or with a
semi-knobby (SK) tread.  And, it's a lot cheaper (~$40) than Compass tires.

https://www.panaracer.com/lineup/gravel.html