>From MOJO's post
"The Road Standard has a unique quality that is indescribable. It disappears
underneath me. It accelerates well, carries light loads well, handles superbly,
has no toe overlap. I attribute this to Grant's design for my body and riding
style. It is my only bike with caliper brakes. The Road Standard is my favorite
Rivendell bike."

I had and sold a Saluki, and still have a Rambouillet to go with my 95 Road (a
pre-production sample actually, with level top tube and different dropouts.
Same lugs and tubes) I agree that the Road has a super ride and feel. The
Reynolds 753, low BB, long stays and Waterford steering all add up to a great
ride. Mine is a 650B conversion that I did to fit 38s which add to the ride
quality. It is my favorite,  The Ram is a lovely bike and great ride too. It's
not as lively as the Road and handles more neutrally. The Saluki was like this
also.  I am liking the Ram more these days with upside down mustache bars and
an upright posture. It was always nice, now nicer.

But I vote for the Road.  I like GP's early designs, through Glorius & Wilbury
best.