No idea if 26.0 is going away, but depending on what you want, 31.8 may
have way better options. I wanted Salsa bars, so had to go with new 31.8
stem. I don't notice a functional difference, other than the salsa setup
feels flexier than the noodle that preceded it.

You could always buy the 31.8 and shim as needed for max flexibility.

That 0/30 degree extension is interesting...I suppose it will basically
match the reach of your atlantis with trad stem and swept bars?

Velo Orange also has a quill stem with removable faceplate, that is what I
went with at about 80 clams. I like it.