Greg, I'd say it's less anatomy than riding position.  I've been through
all the leather saddle options (except Berthoud).  I have B17 (select) on
my two more upright bikes, and Swallow (B15) on my two drop-bar road
bikes.  When I first tried a Swallow, was surprised how invisible this
saddle actually was in the correct riding position.  I'm not a small
individual, at 6'3", 210 lbs.

    <https://imgur.com/UuxnOdv.jpg> <https://imgur.com/4oc6umK.jpg>
so I would say bar choice and height is biggest factor in whether you want
B17 or B17N on your Sam.