I believe consolidating to canti/v-brakes posts on all models would
actually add, rather than reduce, redundancy.  Riv has a small but rather
varied line-up but one thing I think really sets them apart is the fact
that even the Roadini/Roadeo are designed and made to handle more
rubber/fenders/luggage than your average road bike but while still hitting
the mark for those that may want a stripped down, lightweight, go fast.  I
think the impression that Riv is hard pressed (in the new catalog) to
differentiate significant differences in their line-up is even more telling
of this versatility of their frames and the fact that although they may be
optimized for certain types of riding/builds they are still very capable of
handling more (or less) if/when the opportunity or need ever arises.  Such
as with their more stout/rugged models, like the Clem, which is made to
withstand rough terrain and heavy loads but which I've also greatly enjoyed
riding unloaded on pavement without ever feeling over-equipped.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ