Adding details to the system idea.  The double boiler using two cheap
saucepans lets you store your half-pound of molten speed wax in the small
sauce pan when it resolidifies.  Starting with a clean chain is what lets
you reuse the half-pound for ten+ chains.  After almost 3 years, I'm still
on the first half-pound of molten speed wax in the little sauce pan.
There's still a half-pound of the granulated wax in the bag that it came in
waiting for its someday need.

<https://imgur.com/2HYt08Y.jpg>
Eddie, my satisfaction is touching the chain on the bike months down the
road, feeling its slickness, and picking up nothing on your fingers.