Great discussion and plenty of good info.

I'll add this FWIW: I spent two delightful years working for Richard
Schwinn in Waterford, WI, early 2000s. As far as data points go, he's got
quite a few of 'em to be sure. When asked about rusty frames, he responds
that he has *never* seen a steel frame rust from the inside out. That's
plenty good for me...yet I continue to Boeshield mine. Go figure, ha!

BEST REGARDS / Jock Dewey / Athens, GA